Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 25, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 45:11-48:11; Ephesians 4:1-16; Psalm 68:19-35; Proverbs 24:3-4

Observation

“This is what the Lord says – the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question Me about My children, or give Me orders about the work of My hands? It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.” Isaiah 45:11-12

“Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:3-4

“Now then, listen, you wanton creature, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, ‘I am, and there is none besides me.” Isaiah 47:8

“I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
Ephesians 4:1-3

“…Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the head, that is, Christ.” Ephesians 4:15

Application

I am guilty of questioning God at times about how He deals with His children. I have need to trust more in God’s sovereignty and truly believe that He does all things well.

The passage in Isaiah 46 about God creating us, sustaining us and carrying us really spoke to me. So often I act like it’s all me and I neglect to acknowledge God’s sustaining power which under girds and empowers everything I do.

I need to live a life worthy of my calling – not just some of the time, but all of the time. I will try to do this by surrounding myself with others that have this goal as well.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to grow up in all aspects unto You. Help me to never be satisfied with my present spiritual state, but to hunger for deeper closeness with You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home