Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 23, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 41:17-43:13; Ephesians 2:1-22; Psalm 67:1-7; Proverbs 23:29-35

Observation

“In faithfulness He will bring forth justice; He will not falter or be discouraged til He establishes justice on earth. …This is what God the Lord says – He who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: ‘I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open the eyes of the blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord; that is My name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols.” Isaiah 42:3-8

“But now, this is what the Lord says – He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, Your Savior.” Isaiah 43:1-3

“You are My witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed – I, and not some foreign god among you. You are My witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘That I am God. …When I act, who can reverse it?” Isaiah 43:10-13
“Because of His great love for us, God who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in sins – it is by grace you have been saved. …In order that in the coming ages He might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. …You who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:4, 7, 13


Application

God has called me in righteousness to be a light to unbelievers, to open the eyes of the blind (physically & spiritually), to free the captives, and to release those who sit in darkness. Doesn’t sound like my typical day or schedule! But, it should if I’m really busy doing what I’ve been called to do.
Once again, this passage teaches that I have been redeemed and called to be a blessing, not merely to kick-back and soak-up God’s blessing for myself.

Prayer

“Lord, open my eyes to things eternal. Help me to live for Your purposes – for visions greater than the routine agendas that often fill my day. Please use me for something powerful – something much bigger than me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home