Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 18, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 28:14-30:11; Galatians 3:23-4:31; Psalm 62:1-12; Proverbs 23:19-21

Observation

“So this is what the Sovereign Lord says, ‘See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed.” Isaiah 28:16

“The Lord says: ‘These people come near to Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. Their worship of Me is made up only of rules taught by men. …Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the Lord, who do their work in darkness and think, ‘Who sees us? Who will know?’ You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, ‘He did not make me?’ Can the pot say of the potter, ‘He knows nothing?” Isaiah 29:13, 15-16

“Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, ‘Abba, Father.’ So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.” Galatians 3:6-7

Finally, I loved Psalm 62:1-2,

“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

Application

If I make Jesus the foundation (cornerstone) of my life I will never regret it. Jesus is my cornerstone. But, I need to evaluate daily decisions to make sure that I am continually building upon Him and not my own “house of cards.” I often am that person who honors God with his lips but whose heart is far from God. Talk is a lot easier than action. I need to surround myself with people who will hold me accountable and who are seeking after the same goal themselves.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to find the rest You offer. May I find strength and protection as I take refuge in You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home