Friday, September 12, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 12, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 10:1-11:16; 2 Corinthians 12:11-21; Psalm 56:1-13; Proverbs 23:6-8

Observation

Paul’s heart for the Corinthian church shines through the verses of 2 Corinthians 12,

“Now I am ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you, because what I want is not your possessions but you. …So I will gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well.” (vss. 14, 15)

Proverbs 23:6 is good advice,

“Do not eat the food of a stingy man, do not crave his delicacies; for he is the kind of man who is always thinking about the cost.”

Application

Ministry is about “spending” our lives for the Lord. It’s about demonstrating to people that we care more about them then any material benefit we might derive from helping them.

Prayer

“God, help me to love people the way that You love them. Please grant me success in building relationships and gaining trust.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home