Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 9, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 3:1-5:30; 2 Corinthians 11:1-15; Psalm 53:1-6; Proverbs 22:28-29

Observation

Isaiah 4:20-21 sounds like it was written as a commentary on our present world culture,

“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.”

2 Corinthians 11:2-3 is an excellent reminder for every Christian that we are married to Christ and need to be faithfully devoted to Him,

“I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.”

2 Corinthians 11: 14-15 reminds us of Satan’s deceptive tactics,

“For Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.”

Application

I need to make sure that I don’t consciously or unconsciously adopt the values and standards of the world because I live in a world that calls evil good, and up down. I need to keep God’s Word as my measure of absolute truth. I also need to be on guard against “angels of light” who preach a message that seems true. As John Ortberg says, “Sometimes something is only off by 10 degrees; but, we need to realize that that 10 degrees leads straight to hell.”

Prayer

“Lord, as I hide Your Word in my heart please give me wisdom to discern truth from error. Help me to live with sincere, pure devotion to You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home