Monday, September 22, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 22, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 39:1-41:16; Ephesians 1:1-23; Psalm 66:1-20; Proverbs 23:26-28

Observation

Where do I begin with today’s reading? Today was definitely my favorite selection yet – every passage was incredible.

“The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8

“He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young.”
Isaiah 40:11

“To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare Him to? …Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. …He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing. …To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal? Says the Holy One. …Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Isaiah 40:18-31

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. …For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, ‘Do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:10, 13

Application

God’s Word is eternal. When I spend time reading and memorizing His Word, I am making an eternal investment.

2,000 years before Columbus declared that the earth was round Isaiah wrote that God “sits enthroned above the circle of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) The Bible continually proves itself to be scientifically accurate as well as spiritually enlightening.

As I write this journal from middle school outdoor education in the high sierras I need to draw from God’s strength so that He will renew me each day and keep me strong.

Prayer

“Lord, please help me to have a ‘Spirit of wisdom and revelation’ in the knowledge of You that I might know You better. Enlighten the eyes of my heart that I might know the hope of my calling and the incomparably great power available to me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home