Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 21, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 37:1-38:22; Galatians 6:1-18; Psalm 65:1-13; Proverbs 23:24-25

Observation

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” Galatians 6:9-10

“May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.”
Galatians 6:14

“…Where morning dawns and evening fades you call forth songs of joy.”
Psalm 65:8

Application

Many times I become weary of doing good. What an encouraging reminder to not give up. God sees our efforts and will reward us. I need to take advantage of every opportunity to do good to others. Each one of us wants to be blessed and yet God has called us to be a blessing to others. I need to trust God with my needs and know that He will take care of me. My focus needs to be blessing others.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to look beyond my own personal interests (Philippians 2) in order that I might truly have a heart for others. Help me to be a blessing to others in the same way that I would want to be blessed.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home