Friday, September 19, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
September 19, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Isaiah 30:12-33:12; Galatians 5:1-12; Psalm 63:1-11; Proverbs 23:22

Observation

The following verses really spoke to me in today’s reading:

“This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.” Isaiah 30:15

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1

“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”
Galatians 5:6

“You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?” Galatians 5:7

“O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”
Psalm 63:1

Application

Galatians 5:6 is such a simple verse, but what a great goal as well – “faith expressing itself through love.” I wonder how often I express my faith with and through love. Jesus is the perfect example and model of faith lived out through love. I’m reminded of 1 Corinthians 13:1-3,

“If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.”

Prayer

“Lord, fill me with Your love. Open my eyes to see as You see. Teach me Your ways and use me for Your glory.”

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2008 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Power Up Love said...

the greatest gift...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home