Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 3, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 33:14-34:33; Romans 16:8-27; Psalm 26:1-12; Proverbs 20:19

Observation

What an interesting comment in passing about Amon: “Unlike his father Manasseh, he did not humble himself before the Lord; Amon increased his guilt.” When we fail to follow the Lord, we only increase our guilt.

How could Amon have a son like Josiah? Even though Josiah was extremely young he followed God and did what was right in God’s eyes. 2 Chronicles 34:33 is a testimony to Josiah’s leadership:

“…He had all who were present in Israel serve the Lord their God. As long as he lived, they did not fail to follow the Lord, the God of their fathers.”

That’s leadership! Leading by example and leading in such a way that those under your charge follow your example.

Paul’s statement in Romans 16:18 is strong but accurate: “those who cause divisions in the body of Christ are not serving the Lord, but rather their own appetites. And, I love 16:19-20, “I want you to be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil. (Was that not the state of the Garden of Eden before the Fall?) The God of peace will soon crush satan under your feet.”

Finally, Proverbs 20:19 is golden advice:

“A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.”

Application
What a blessing it would be if people under my care “did not fail to follow God during my lifetime.” I don’t think a leader could have a better legacy than that!

I desire to be innocent in the things that are evil. That means limiting and restricting my exposure to things that are questionable or simply not edifying.

I love to be around people who are funny with words and easy to talk to – people who are “the life of the party.” But, I’m not going to trust them with my secrets or confidential matters.

Prayer

“Lord, I would love for You to crush satan under my feet on a daily basis. Thank You for all the times that You protect me that I’m not even aware of.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home