Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 28, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 21:1-23:21; Romans 11:13-36; Psalm 22:1-18; Proverbs 20:7

Observation

“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.”
Romans 11:33-36

What a simple phrase: “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things,” and yet, this phrase really sums it all up. Everything comes from God, or originates through Him. Everything that happens passes through the filter of His loving, sovereign knowledge and power. And finally, all praise and all glory are due to Him as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Application

As I grow in my knowledge of God and my awareness of who He is it should draw me deeper into worship. As I am awed by His “unsearchable ways” and unfathomable beauty it should motivate me to live my life in service to the One who is worthy of my devotion.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to grow in my knowledge of You that I might love You more deeply and follow You more passionately.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home