Monday, July 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 21, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 4:1-6:11; Romans 7:1-13; Psalm 17:1-15; Proverbs 19:22-23

Observation

What an experience that must have been to see the temple fill with the cloud of God’s glory! That would certainly be an unforgettable memory that would change a person for the rest of their life.

Paul says in Romans 7:4 that we died to the law that we might “belong to another” and “in order that we might bear fruit to God.”

What a prayer in Psalm 17:3! It’s difficult to understand how David could make such a statement:

“Though You probe my heart and examine me at night, though You test me, You will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin.”

David makes it clear that those who live for themselves rather than for God have their reward in this life, and this life alone. (17:14)

Finally, what an awesome thought in 17:15 that one day we will awake and “be satisfied with seeing His likeness.”

Application

I’m reminded of an old poem, “One day we will see face to face the One Whom we have known heart to heart. My challenge, my goal is to strive to know God more deeply; and, that in this process sin will lose its appeal and power in my life.

Prayer

“Lord, draw me to Yourself. May I see glimpses of Your glory and beauty. Grant me the strength and patience to hold out for more than this world has to offer.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home