Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 19, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Chronicles 28:1-29:30; Romans 5:6-21; Psalm 15:1-5; Proverbs 19:18-19

Observation

David gave also of his personal treasures of gold and silver for the building of the temple. 1 Chronicles 29:9 says that David and the people gave “freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord.” David prays in 29:14,

“Who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your hand.”

I like the wording of Romans 5:6,

“At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.”

And the present tense of 5:8,

“God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Application

Sometimes God calls us to give and sacrifice personally above and beyond our normal duties and calling.

God continues to demonstrate His love for me every time I sin in forgiving me and canceling my debt.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to give freely of all that You have given me. Thank You for Your constant, unending love.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home