Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 11, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Chronicles 11:1-12:18; Acts 28:1-31; Psalm 9:1-12; Proverbs 19:1-3.

Observation

Two of David’s mighty men, Jashobeam and Abishai, are recorded as killing 300 men in one encounter with only a spear. These guys sound like true warriors. I wouldn’t mess with them! They could be part of my protective inner circle any day.

The account in Acts 28 where Paul heals Publius’ father of a fever and dysentery is interesting. The text says that “when this had happened, the rest of the sick on the island came and were cured.” (28:9) That’s the power of God at work!

Acts 28:23-24 tells us that “from morning till evening (Paul) explained and declared the Kingdom of God” to the people of Malta and “tried to convince them about Jesus from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets” with the result that some believed and some did not.

Finally, Acts 28:30 is proof of Paul’s words in Philippians 1:12,

“Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel…”

“For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.”
(Acts 28:30-31)

Application

I’m convicted and challenged by Paul’s example. I have never preached the gospel to someone from morning till evening.

Another application for me from Paul’s experience is that God uses our circumstances to give us greater opportunities to share the Gospel. I need to look not to the pleasantness of my situation, but to my opportunity to share the Gospel. In the end, that’s what really matters.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to trust You in all of my life circumstances. Help me to see how You use everything for Your glory and purposes. Nothing is by chance. Nothing is without purpose and meaning.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home