Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 5, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Chronicles 1:1-2:17; Acts 23:11-35; Psalm 3:1-8; Proverbs 18:14-15.

Observation

Father Abraham had many sons, and many sons had father Abraham, I am one of them, and so are you, but we’re not listed in 1 Chronicles 1:1-2:17! For those of you who think I’m ill – it’s a song. Some of you still think I’m ill. Well, it is my journal and that was my takeaway from the OT genealogy reading today.

I thought it was neat how God’s vision to Paul came true which forewarned him that he would live to go to Rome. God is sovereign and “the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”
(1 Corinthians 1:25)

Application

I need to trust in God’s sovereignty more and not get so anxious over my circumstances.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You that You are always in control; and, that what seems huge to me is merely a minor detail for You. Thank you for Your patience and understanding.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home