Monday, July 7, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 6, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Chronicles 2:18-4:4; Acts 24:1-27; Psalm 4:1-8; Proverbs 18:16-18.

Observation

Paul’s words to the governor of Rome in Acts 24:16 stood out to me:

“So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.”

Acts 24:27 indicates that Paul sat in prison two years, unjustly, because of political favors between Felix and the Jews. This sounds similar to what Joseph went through.

Finally, I liked Psalm 4:2-3,

“How long, o men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him.”

Application

Paul’s words in Acts 24:16 sound like a great application to me – “always strive to keep my conscience clear before God and man.” That just about covers all the bases!

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for the gift of a clear conscience – not because of my righteousness but Yours!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home