Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 23, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 8:11-10:19; Romans 8:9-21; Psalm 18:16-36; Proverbs 19:26

Observation

2 Chronicles 9:22-23 is impressive:

“King Solomon was greater in riches and wisdom than all the other kings of the earth. All the kings of the earth sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart.”

Where are the mighty leaders of our time who use their power and influence to draw an audience for God? What a great platform and opportunity to speak God’s wisdom into lives.

Romans 8:14 is convicting and challenging,

“Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”

I’ve always liked Romans 8:18, yet I’ve missed part of the beauty of the verse in my NASB (New American Standard Bible) translation,

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”

The NIV version says, “…the glory that will be revealed in us.”

The Greek preposition supports both translations, “to” and “in;” and I think both are encompassed in the root word and both are intended. But, having said that, “the glory that will be revealed in us” is going to be the real glory since we will be transformed into God’s image! (1 Cor. 15:52; 1 John 3:2)
Psalm 18:19 is encouraging,

“He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me.”

What a thought that God delights in us!

And Psalm 18:28,

“You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”

Application

I have to ask myself whether I am being led by God, or if I am allowing Him to lead me.

I also have to ask myself whether I use the opportunity of an audience for myself or for the Lord.

Also, 2 Corinthians 3:18 would suggest that our present sufferings are not worthy to be compared to the glory that is being revealed in us even now as God transforms us into His image – moment by moment.

Prayer

“Lord, grant me an audience to proclaim Your truth. Help me to see the evidence of Your transforming work in my life.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home