Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 31, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 29:1-36; Romans 14:1-23; Psalm 24:1-10; Proverbs 20:12

Observation

Psalm 24:3-4 says,

“Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.”

This pretty much rules all of us out of the equation! Thank goodness for the righteousness that comes through Christ! The only way that I will ever have “clean hands and a pure heart” is through the accomplished work of the cross. “What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

Application

Hebrews 4:16 is another response to the question of Psalm 24:3,

“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

My takeaway application from today’s reading is my need to come to God through Jesus more often. I don’t take advantage of that enough. In my moments of failure I need God more than ever, but I allow my sin to keep me from Him rather than to drive me to Him.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for the ability and privilege to approach You through Your Son Jesus. May I not abuse that privilege; but, may I take advantage of the benefits of this privilege.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home