Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
July 29, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Chronicles 24:1-25:28; Romans 12:1-21; Psalm 22:19-31; Proverbs 20:8-10

Observation

Sometimes I am just like Amaziah, turning to powerless things for answers instead of the Living God. God has demonstrated His power to save and deliver, yet I resort to worldly options and solutions.

Romans 12:1-2 is a reminder that we worship God through serving Him with our lives. We can sing songs of worship, donate money to worthy causes, but ultimately God wants us to surrender our very lives in dedication to Him.

Application

I have a lot of work to do/growth to realize in the area of “hating what is evil and clinging to what is good.” I’m joyful in hope (Romans 12:12) yet I’m not so good at being “patient in affliction & faithful in prayer.”

As I write from San Francisco right now I’m struck by the admonition of Romans 12:16,

“Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.”

Say what you will about SF, but I’ve never experienced so many different people groups and languages/cultures within such a small area. And, I see a lot of harmony and respect for these cultures. I have much to learn from those who are different from me.

In the end, my challenge is to be a light and “overcome evil with good” no matter where I am.

Prayer

“Lord, may I not miss the lessons and opportunities for growth that You send my way in seemingly ordinary conversations and situations.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home