Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
May 1, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Judges 13:1-14:20; John 1:29-51; Psalm 102:1-28; Proverbs 14:15-16.

Observation

It’s interesting to me that the name of Samson’s mom is never mentioned, nor the name of the angel for that matter (which many scholars believe to be a preincarnate appearance of Christ.)

I love the description of Samson in his formative years: “He grew and the Lord blessed him, and the Spirit of the Lord began to stir in him…” (Judges 13:24-25)

Proverbs 14:15 spoke to me: “A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.” What a great description of forethought: “giving thought to our steps!”

Application

I would love to experience the “stirring” of God’s Spirit within me on a regular basis. I want to be less impulsive and more Spirit-lead.

Prayer

“God, may I give thought to my steps. May You influence my choices and direct my actions.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home