Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 23, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Judges 1:1-2:9; Luke 21:29-22:13; Psalm 90:1-91:16; Proverbs 13:24-25.

Observation

Sounds like cutting off thumbs and big toes was a popular form of punishment in OT times! Adoni-Bezek himself admitted to doing this to 70 other kings. And finally, justice met-up with him. I guess it was pretty hard to hold a sword or maneuver in battle without thumbs and big toes. Bummer!

Luke 21:37-38 is further proof (in my opinion) that Jesus only cleansed the temple once; and, that He did this at the end of His ministry. I don’t see how the Jewish authorities would have allowed Him to daily teach at the temple if He had started off His ministry by overturning the tables of the moneychangers.

I have always loved Psalm 91 – resting “in the shadow of the Almighty” and the image of God covering us with His wings and providing refuge and shelter. The protection and security that God promises is difficult to understand at times because it does not mean that Christians are immune to suffering and pain. But, God says that He will show us His salvation which is able to satisfy us and sustain us through any circumstance.

Application

My takeaway from today can be summed up through the words of a contemporary worship song by Chris Tomlin:

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough
You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know
All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough
You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re my coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know
More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me

Prayer

“God, this song is my prayer as well. May this song be more than just words on paper, or noise from my lips, but rather – reality in my life. May I find You to be enough, every moment of every day.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home