Monday, April 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 21, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Joshua 22:21-23:16; Luke 20:27-47; Psalm 89:14-37; Proverbs 13:17-19.

Observation

I will never cease to be amazed by the Sadducees who came to Jesus with a question involving relationships after the resurrection when the text explicitly states that they did not believe in the resurrection. This was clearly an unsuccessful attempt to play “Let’s stump Jesus.”

Application

How often I am like these Sadducees, hung-up over things that don’t really matter, and about things that don’t even line-up with my beliefs and convictions. Sometimes it’s an attempt to delay obedience. Other times it’s just plain denial of what’s rational, common sense and biblically true.

I need to follow-up my beliefs with actions that affirm those beliefs.

Prayer

“God, may I not be consumed and busied with meaningless questions and worthless pursuits. I want to be used for things eternal and practical.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home