Friday, April 11, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 11, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Joshua 3:1-4:24; Luke 14:7-35; Psalm 80:1-19; Proverbs 12:27-28.

Observation

Joshua 3:7 is affirming for every to see that God helps His people to respond to leadership: “Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses.”

Joshua 3:15-16 is interesting that it was once the priests put their feet in the Jordan that God worked the miracle. Some miracles require action rather than a passive wait-and-see approach.

Luke 14:11 is a good reminder: “Everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Application

Sometimes I need to step out in faith to see God work. It’s good to live lives of humility so that God can exalt us at the proper time.

Prayer

“God, help me to trust You and step out in faith more so that I can see You work in powerful ways.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home