Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 9, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 33:1-29; Luke 13:1-21; Psalm 78:65-72; Proverbs 12:25.

Observation

I can’t imagine the emotion and anxiety that must have been felt as Moses blessed the sons of Israel before his death. What a transition. We talk about pastors who serve for years in a church and the shoes they leave to be filled. I can’t imagine following Moses.

I have always like Psalm 78:72. It has become a life verse for me and my goal and standard for ministry:

“So he (David) shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, and guided them with his skillful hands.”

Application

We must always fix our eyes and focus on Jesus and not human leaders. As disruptive as life can be, Jesus has promised that He will never fail us or forsake us.

I desire to grow in integrity and skill!

Prayer

“God, help me to keep my eyes on You. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. Help me to grow in wisdom and skill. May I be a leader that people can trust.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home