Monday, March 31, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 30, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 13:1-15:23; Luke 8:40-9:6; Psalm 71:1-24; Proverbs 12:5-7.

Observation

Wow, what a list of things that can be eaten and should not be eaten! I have to say that I struggle with the opening part of our OT passage today. I don’t believe that God sends people to us to try and deceive us and lead us away as a test. I think this is one of those times in Scripture that the human perspective shows through more than the divine. I am not for a minute saying that all Scripture is anything less than God-breathed, inspired, and inerrant. But, the Bible clearly says, “Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.” (James 1:13)

God tests us sometimes for our good, desiring a constructive outcome. Satan tempts us to harm us, desiring a destructive outcome.

Once again, in the NT passage I am struck by the fact that Jairus’ daughter was 12 years old and the woman had been bleeding for 12 years. Jesus heals both of them, demonstrating his amazing power over death and things considered unclean.

Application

When Luke 9:1 says that “Jesus gave them (the 12) power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases…” I wish that I could see this miraculous power displayed more often when I go and do visitation. I know God is able to heal anyone. It’s just an uncertain experience knowing when he is going to use me to accomplish this healing. I always tell people that I believe in faith that God will use my prayers to heal them until I see otherwise. If someone is not healed, then I know that God had other plans. But, I also know at that point that it was not due to my lack of faith.

Prayer

“God, I’m constantly amazed at Your power over all things. Would You please bless my life and my ministry with this power? I desire to see and do great things in Your name, for Your glory.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home