Friday, March 21, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 21, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Numbers 32:1-33:39; Luke 4:31-5:11; Psalm 64:1-10; Proverbs 11:22.

Observation

I know the story of Simon’s mother-in-law is recorded more than once in the gospels, and I’ve commented on it before, but I’m always impressed that she served the minute she was healed. What a heart!

I’m most moved in today’s reading by Simon’s words to Jesus: “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” (Luke 5:5) And, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” Then, the fact that Jesus uses this experience to inform Simon that he’s going to fish for men from now on.

Application

I love how Jesus takes the ordinary everyday things of our lives and draws lessons from them. Jesus builds on our knowledge in one area and then asks us to apply that knowledge to a different situation or challenge. I’m anxious to see what God has for me.

Prayer

“God, help me to be ready for life lessons You send my way. May I have the same attitude and spirit Peter had, ‘Because You say so Lord.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home