Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 15, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Numbers 22:21-23:30; Luke 1:57-80; Psalm 58:1-11; Proverbs 11:12-13.

Observation

The interaction between Balaam and his donkey has got to be one of the most humorous passages in all of Scripture. Makes you wonder what our animals would say to us if they could talk. I guess maybe we’ll find out in the millennial kingdom. Balak also serves as an example of when we keep going through the motions of seeking God only to hear what we want to hear.

I love Zechariah’s inspired words spoken to his son, John the Baptist, through the Holy Spirit:

“And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways; to give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the sunrise from on high will visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
Luke 1:76-79

Application

How often I persist in prayer desiring for God to affirm my will rather than His. Outwardly I seek God’s counsel through others, but secretly I only listen to those who say what I’m looking to hear; and then, I proclaim these people to be wise, and thank them for their Godly wisdom. How sad – another ugly look in the mirror that I referred to yesterday.

On a positive note, Zechariah’s words perfectly describe why I’m in the ministry: “to give people the knowledge of salvation by forgiveness of their sins, because of God’s tender mercy.” What a purpose for living! That’s a vision, a goal, I can be passionate about for the rest of my life!

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for the privilege of being in the ministry – for the thrill of knowing You, and making You known.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home