Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 7, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Numbers 8:1-9:23; Mark 13:14-37; Psalm 50:1-23; Proverbs 10:29-30.

Observation

The picture of the Israelites moving and stopping according to whether the pillar of cloud moved or stopped is a great picture of what it means to stay in-step with God.

God ‘s words in Psalm 50:21 are powerful: “These things you have done, and I kept silence; you thought that I was just like you.” Sometimes we deceive ourselves into thinking that God is just like us – especially in times where He is silent. We have a tendency to want to pull God down to our level.

Thank goodness the days of the tribulation will be cut short! (Mark 13:20)

Application

I need to see God as the God of the Bible and not the god of my imagination who condones my selfish ambitions and sinful behavior.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to stay in step with you and seek to know You as You are revealed in the Bible.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home