Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 12, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Numbers 16:41-18:32; Mark 16:1-20; Psalm 55:1-23; Proverbs 11:7.

Observation

I’m amazed at Israel’s rebelliousness in following God/Moses – especially when Moses and Aaron always pleaded with God to spare the people when God was going to wipe them all out. We’re really not that different though; and, I wonder how many times we are spared as a result of the prayers of faithful saints.

I love Psalm 55:22:

“Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.”

Reminds me of 1 Peter 5:7,

“Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”

How quickly we can forget that God cares. And, impulsive we are to blame Him for everything that goes wrong. Even when we blame others for unfavorable circumstances and hardships we demonstrate a lack of trust in God’s sovereignty. Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego put it perfectly, “Our God is able to deliver us! …But, even if He does not…” (Daniel 3:16-18)

Application

I need to trust God with my worries and cares – more as a first course of action rather than as a last result, “when all else fails” option. Too often I am “sustained” by things other than God. And, this causes me to call into question whether I am truly sustained or whether I just think that I am. I also need to grow in my awareness of and trust in God’s sovereignty.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for allowing me to cast my petty cares and concerns upon You. You are all sufficient. Thank you that the minute details of my life don’t get lost in the cosmic shuffle of things. Thank You that You are not only able to deal with my “stuff,” but also that You care.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home