Friday, March 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 27, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 7:1-8:20; Luke 7:36-8:3; Psalm 69:1-18; Proverbs 12:1.

Observation

Deuteronomy 8:19 really stood out to me,

“If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.”

Whether this is God’s punishment or the natural consequence of walking away from God – it doesn’t sound pretty!

When Jesus says, “He who has been forgiven little loves little,” (Luke 7:47) it made me think that no one has been forgiven little. Sometimes our perception might be that we’ve been forgiven little; but, this is never the case. So, it follows that the more we understand how much we’ve been forgiven, the greater our desire and capacity to love.

Finally, I thought it was neat that Luke mentioned the women who helped to support the ministry out of their own means. (8:3)

Application

I walk away from God too often not counting the cost and consequence. I would like to grow in love and in my understanding of forgiveness.

Prayer

“God, may I never think I have things all figured out and in so doing abandon my pursuit of You and my desire to know You deeper.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home