Friday, March 28, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
March 28, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 9:1-10:22; Luke 8:4-21; Psalm 69:19-36; Proverbs 12:2-3.

Observation

Today is the first time in my journaling that God has brought conviction and challenge through just two verses (rather than many). Deuteronomy 10:12-13 stood out from everything else:

“And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?”

What a powerful reminder of what is important. And, how practical: “I am giving you (this) today for your own good!” Oh that we would see God’s commands as for our own good rather than restrictive rules designed to take away our happiness.

Application

My main takeaway from today is that as I try and make God’s Word real in my life, as I attempt to put it into practice, I can add another “reason to obey” to my list of motivating factors: “For my own good!”

Prayer

“God, may I trust that Your love for me always encompasses what is best for me as well. Thank you for Your guidance, Your loving direction. May I not doubt or second-guess Your perfect plan.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home