Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 1, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 18:1-20:20; Luke 9:28-50; Psalm 73:1-28; Proverbs 12:10.

Observation

What an amazing experience for the disciples to witness Jesus transforming before their own eyes. “His face changed and His clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning!” And then, to think that as 2Corinthians 3:18 says, “We are being transformed moment to moment, glory to glory into His image!”

Finally, I love Psalm 73 – especially verse 26:

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Two of my former college students from the Bay area put this verse and other portions of Psalm 73 to music and I hear it every time I read this passage.

Application

God is my strength when my strength fails – He is always enough! I need to focus more on the transformation that’s taking place in my life and the things I do which hinder this process or encourage it.

Prayer

“God, thank You that You’ve promised that You won’t stop working on me, perfecting me, until the day that Christ returns and I am transformed into Your perfect image in the twinkling of an eye.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home