Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 8, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Deuteronomy 32:28-52; Luke 12:35-59; Psalm 78:56-64; Proverbs 12:24.

Observation

Today’s reading was short! It must be in honor of my brother’s birthday! Happy birthday Ted!

I really liked Deuteronomy 32:31:

“For their rock is not like our Rock, as even our enemies concede.”

This reminds me of Psalm 35:10, “Who is like God?” And, what a wonderful thing when even our enemies concede that there is no one like God.

I was reminded in the NT reading that “the faithful & wise manager” is the one whom his master finds doing what he was put in charge to do. “Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord, knowing that it is from the Lord that you will receive a reward.” (Col. 3:23-24) It’s so easy to forget who our true master/boss is.

Application

I need to be bolder in my witness: “There’s no rock like my Rock!” Also, when God returns, I want to be found by Him investing my life in things which are eternal.

Prayer

“God, give me courage and confidence as I share You with others. May I be a faithful servant who does what You have asked.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home