Friday, April 18, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 18, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Joshua 16:1-18:28; Luke 19:1-27; Psalm 87:1-7; Proverbs 13:11.

Observation

I have never thought about the uninhibited passion that must have motivated Zacchaeus to climb a tree to see Jesus. Zacchaeus was a wealthy, distinguished person –probably hated too, but none the less an important public figure. And, he doesn’t care how he looks. He is too wrapped up in curiosity over Jesus.

What a pledge in verse 8: “I will give half of my possessions to the poor and pay back 4x anyone I have cheated.” This either reflects a strong conviction of innocence or an extremely remorseful spirit.

Application

I need to get swept up in my love and passion for Jesus more – with the result that I lose inhibitions that would otherwise keep me from truly worshipping and serving the Lord.

Prayer

“God, draw me outside of myself in devotion to You. May I not allow fears and perceptions of what others think to keep me from following You, serving You and loving You.”

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dear friends, don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. But I’ll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he’s the one to fear." Luke 12:4-5.

Also, pls pray for back injury to heal. Keeping up with the surfer in me is apparently alot of work!

 
At April 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Bob DuPar said...

I will! Sorry to hear. I will pray that the sports adventurist in you continues to thrive!

 
At April 19, 2008 at 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks... pain meds kicking in now. zzzzzzzzz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home