Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 27, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Judges 7:1-8:17; Luke 23:13-43; Psalm 97:1-98:9; Proverbs 14:7-8.

Observation

Judges 7:2 is a perspective changer:

“You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into your hands. Otherwise Israel will boast that her own strength has saved her.”

This reminds me of the old saying: “Attempt a goal that’s so big that it will only be achievable if God is in the midst of it.”

Judges 8:10 tells us that Gideon’s small army of warriors conquered 135,000 enemies! That’s quite a victory. One that would have been impossible had God not won the battle for Israel.

Application

I need to listen for God’s voice and follow His direction and leading so that I don’t look at things from merely a human perspective. I often quench God’s Spirit. Too many times I judge situations from the surface instead of asking God what He sees and wants.

Prayer

“God, The victory is already Yours! You don’t need my assistance to win any battles. May I trust You to secure success.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home