Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
April 24, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Judges 2:10-3:31; Luke 22:14-34; Psalm 92:1-93:5; Proverbs 14:1-2.

Observation

I was afraid this verse would come:

“After that whole generation had been gathered to their fathers, another generation grew up, who knew neither the Lord nor what He had done for Israel. Then the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and served the Baals.” (Judges 2:10-11)

I wonder how many times Satan desires to sift you and I like wheat the way he petitioned God on behalf of Peter in Luke 22:31. We never know the divine intercession (and human for that matter) which is waged on our behalf.

Application

I need to pray more intentionally for the leaders, friends & family in my life. It’s humbling and scary to think that their success or failure could be influenced or affected by my prayers – for good or for bad. I know that God’s plan for each one of us is bigger than any one person’s responsibility. But, we never know how God intends to use us and what He desires to accomplish through us.

Prayer

“God, give me the discipline and faithfulness to pray for others the way that I should. May I not forget that we are in the midst of a spiritual battle, unseen to the human eye, yet deadly powerful.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home