Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
August 16, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Nehemiah 11:1-12:26; 1 Corinthians 10:14-11:2; Psalm 34:11-22; Proverbs 21:14-16

Observation

I especially liked 1 Corinthians 10:23-24, 31 today,

“Everything is permissible – but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible – but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. …So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble…”

And 1 Corinthians 10:33-11:1,

“For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many so that they may be saved. Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.”

Application

Not everything which is permissible brings glory to God. So, two guiding factors for our behavior should be: 1. Does it bring glory to God? Or, does it detract from His glory? (Some things are neutral) 2. Does it cause others to stumble?

The salvation of others is great motivation to give-up things which we feel entitled to if they are a hindrance in people coming to Christ. I should be living-out my life before God in such a way that I would feel comfortable and confident in others following my example.

Prayer

“God, help me to concentrate on Your glory not mine. Give me strength and focus to live for You and be an example for others.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home