Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
June 24, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

2 Kings 6:1-7:20; Acts 15:36-16:15; Psalm 142:1-7; Proverbs 17:24-25.

Observation

In today’s OT reading the king of Aram suspects disloyalty in his ranks since his attempts to ambush the king of Israel keep failing. When he confronts his officers, one of them tells him that it’s Elisha who is supplying the king of Israel with the information:

“Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”

I love Elisha’s words of comfort and inspiration to his servant in 2 Kings 6:16-17,

“Don’t be afraid. Those who are with us are more than those who are with them. Then Elisha prayed, ‘O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.’ Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”

Application

I wonder how many times I’m like Elisha’s servant – only able to see the physical circumstances and details around me rather than the reality of what God is doing in the spirit realm.

Prayer

“Lord, grant me eyes to see beyond the superficial. Help me to catch what You’re doing, and to see how You’re at work. Lord, please open my eyes.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home