Monday, June 16, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
June 16, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Kings 15:25-17:24; Acts 10:23b-48; Psalm 134:1-3; Proverbs 17:9-11.

Observation

Elijah’s instructions to the widow would have been very difficult to carry out. If the widow only had enough food to feed herself and her son and was seriously expecting that they both would die of starvation – what faith it would have taken to “first” make Elijah a small cake of bread. This test of faith is like so many others that we find throughout Scripture which require obedience & trust before the answer or solution is within sight.

I wish that all of my ministerial efforts yielded the same result as the widow’s response to Elijah’s resurrection of her son:

“Now I know that you are a man of God and that the Word of the Lord from your mouth is the Truth.” (1 Kings 17:24) What a blessing it would be if unbelievers saw the true God in all our actions.

I love Peter’s revelation from God recorded in Acts 10:34-35,

“I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear Him and do what is right.”

Application

I definitely have many areas in my life in which I need to step out in faith, trusting God to provide, instead of withholding action until I see solutions.

Prayer


“God, grant me the faith to trust You in all things. May I lean not on my own understanding, but acknowledge You in all my ways.”

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: your comment...
"trusting God to provide, instead of withholding action until I [can] see solutions."

Check it out... I have the answer to your problem! This is what I've learned about faith/trust...

Faith/trust is a combo of 3 personality atributes:

1. "Intellect" - which looks at the reasons why trust should be placed in someone/something. It is that facet of our personality which understands the Gospel cognitively;

2. "Will" - which decides whether the intellect's proposal is solid enough to accept a proposition of faith; and

3. "Feelings/emotions" - the psychological element of faith which reacts to the recommendation of both the intellect and the will to change a person's world view.

Now, no true change in one's belief system or actions can take place unless the emotions ratify and commit to what the "intellect" and "will" have determined. So all you need to do Bob, is tap into your feminine side (i.e., your feelings & emotions) and you're set!

Philospher Arthur Schopenhaur once said, "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed; in the second it is opposed; in the third it is regarded as self-evident."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home