Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
June 12, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

1 Kings 9:1-10:29; Acts 8:14-40; Psalm 130:1-8; Proverbs 17:2-3.

Observation

Solomon’s wealth and wisdom sound truly staggering. What a blessing to have people throughout the world seek you out because of your reputation for being able to answer questions. What an opportunity to use this wisdom for the Lord.

Peter rebukes Simon in Acts 8:20 for thinking that he could buy the gift of God with money. Simon responds wisely: “Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me.” (vs. 24)

Philip’s encounter with the Ethiopian eunuch provides a good model for evangelism: “Go & stay near,” help others to understand God’s Word, and make the most of invitations to tell others about Jesus.

Application

I wonder how often we miss experiences like what Philip encountered with the Ethiopian because we never “go” – we never respond to God’s prompting. We make excuses: “The timings not right, the circumstances are less than ideal, they’ll reject me, they won’t be interested in my message…” Instead, we need to leave these issues with the Lord. If He calls us (and He is calling) then He is able to provide.

Prayer

“God, help me not to miss opportunities. May I be faithful to go. Help me to hear Your voice and Your leading.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home