Monday, January 12, 2009

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 12, 2009

Journal Entry



Scripture

Genesis 26:17-27:46; Matthew 9:1-17; Psalm 10:16-18; Proverbs 3:9-10

Observation

“That night the Lord appeared to him and said, ‘I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of My servant Abraham.” Genesis 26:24

“When Esau heard his father’s words, he burst out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, ‘Bless me – me too, my father! …Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father!’ Then Esau wept aloud.”
Genesis 27:34, 38

“…the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins…”
Matthew 9:6

“Jesus said, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Matthew 9:12-13

Application

The God of the Bible, the God of our forefathers, is the same God who promises to be with us and bless us. We don’t have to be afraid or anxious because God’s past actions bring us assurance and confidence that He will continue to be faithful in the future.

Genesis 27:34, 38 caused me to reflect on how many sons, how many daughters, are looking for their father’s blessing; and, wondering if his blessing is only good for one child, or if there is enough for all.

True ministry involves ministering to the sick and needy, not the healthy and content. And, our mindset needs to be one of mercy rather than sacrifice (imposition/obligation).

Prayer

“Lord, thank You for an earthly father who loves me and believes in me. This has made it so much easier for me to trust Your love for me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home