Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 1, 2009

Journal Entry



Scripture

Genesis 1:1-2:25; Matthew 1:1-2:12; Psalm 1:1-6; Proverbs 1:1-6

Observation

“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, in our likeness… So, God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him: male and female He created them.” Genesis 1:26a, 27

“The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:23-24

“But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of My people Israel.” Matthew 2:6

“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked… but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.” Psalm 1:1a-2
Application

God spoke of raising up a shepherd for His people in Matthew 2:6. I love that this term is used. First and foremost we need(ed) a Messiah. But, God knew we also would need a shepherd. As leaders of God’s people we must never forget God’s heart: He wants shepherds – not dictators or CEO’s, but shepherds who care and have an investment in the sheep.

Prayer

“Lord, thank You that You are my shepherd. I lack nothing in You. Draw me to Yourself. Lead me in green pastures. Restore my soul. Comfort me with Your rod and staff. May I live in Your presence, both now, and forever more.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home