Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pastor Bob DuPar
January 4, 2009

Journal Entry



Scripture

Genesis 8:1-10:32; Matthew 4:12-25; Psalm 4:1-8; Proverbs 1:20-23

Observation

“I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” Genesis 9:13

“Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for Himself; the Lord will hear when I call to Him. …Many are asking, ‘Who can show us any good?’ Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.” Psalm 4:3, 6-7

Application

Psalm 4:6 challenges me to always make sure to give God the credit for the good in my life, the blessing which I enjoy. Many in the world are asking, “Where’s the good in these messed-up times in which we live?” We as Christians, of all people, should find it very easy to answer that question. When I fail to give testimony to God’s goodness in my life, I miss a crucial opportunity to see an unbeliever drawn to the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

Prayer

“Lord, may I give testimony to Your goodness each and every day of my life. You have filled my heart with joy. Thank You for hearing me when I call.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home