Monday, May 26, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
May 25, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

2 Samuel 7:1-8:18; John 14:15-31; Psalm 119:33-48; Proverbs 15:33.

Observation

What a thought in John 14:23 that God not only dwells in our midst (“pitches tent” with us); He makes His home in us! And, in 14:27, Jesus says, ‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.”

I also really liked Psalm 119:37,

“Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to Your word.”

Application

What a difference our lives would make if we would take our eyes off worthless things and focus them on God’s word.

Prayer

“God, help me to guard what I look at and spend more time in Your word.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home