Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
May 22, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

2 Samuel 1:1-2:11; John 12:20-50; Psalm 118:19-29; Proverbs 15:27-28.

Observation

It seems like David was a bit harsh with the Amalekite who admitted to helping Saul die. He brought David Saul’s crown and arm band. It seems like he was only trying to do the right thing. I don’t understand why David had him killed. God allowed Saul to be mortally wounded in battle. This man was not killing the Lord’s anointed.

I think it would have been quite an experience to hear God’s voice talking to His Son from heaven in John 12:28. Even Jesus said that it was for the benefit of the people (witnesses) and not for Him.

Application

John 12 is such a testimony of Jesus’ all-consuming desire to bring glory to His heavenly Father in all things. Jesus does not draw attention to Himself. He does not go to great lengths to get people to realize who He is and give Him credit. He is content in His role of directing people to His Father.

Prayer

“God, help me to direct people to You and not myself. May I bring glory to You in all that I do. Guard me from attempts to seek my own glory.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home