Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
October 9, 2008

Journal Entry



Scripture

Jeremiah 12:1-14:10; Thessalonians 1:1-2:9; Psalm 79:1-13; Proverbs 24:30-34

Observation

“Why do the wicked prosper? Why do the faithless live at ease? …You are always on their lips but far from their hearts.” Jeremiah 12:1b, 2b

“…you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.”
1 Thessalonians 1:9

“We speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. …We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.”
1 Thessalonians 1:4, 8

Application

Too often God is on my lips but far from my heart – my walk doesn’t match my talk. I need to allow others to hold me accountable on this and give them permission to challenge me and ask hard questions.

Ministry is more than just sharing the gospel (huge part); it is also sharing of our lives. For me this means forming deep relationships with believers and unbelievers.

Prayer

“Lord, continue to give me opportunities to form relationships with those that need to know You, as well as with those that You choose to use to grow and develop me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home