Monday, May 5, 2008

Pastor Bob DuPar
May 5, 2008

Journal Entry


Scripture

Judges 21:1-Ruth 1:22; John 4:4-42; Psalm 105:1-15; Proverbs 14:25.

Observation

That was some dance recorded in Judges 21:23. Go to a dance, come home with a wife! The words of Judges 21:25 sum up the situation: “In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit.”

The story of Ruth and Naomi is a beautiful one: “Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.” (Ruth 1:16) Ruth & Naomi quite possibly had the best mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship ever!

I love Jesus’ words to the Samaritan woman in John 4:10, “If you knew the gift of God (Jesus) and who it is who asks you for a drink, you would have asked Him and He would have given you living water.” I am amazed how much prophecy about Christ/the Messiah this gentile woman knew. And, how wonderful that so many people came to salvation through her testimony.

Application

How often we do as we see fit, ignoring God’s authority and reign over our lives. I would love to get to a place of spiritual maturity where I could say what Jesus said in John 4:34, and truly mean it, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work.” Finally, I pray that many would come to salvation through my testimony and the testimonies of those at CBC. The real question is, “Are we sharing the Good News with anyone?” This is the first step of evangelism – simple, yet foundational.

Prayer

“God, please give me opportunities daily to share my faith with someone who does not know You.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home